Premier Division

Premier Division – 5th September

Saturday 5th September

Premier Division

Balham 2-1 Hollands & Blair

Bearsted 2-1 Tower Hamlets

Canterbury City 1-2 Welling Town

Crowborough Ath 0-0 Fisher

Deal Town 0-2 Beckenham Town

Erith & Belvedere 3-4 Chatham Town

Erith Town 2-4 Sheppey Utd

Glebe 0-4 K Sports

Lordswood 0-5 Tunbridge Wells

Punjab Utd 4-0 AFC Croydon


The Premier Division season kicked-off with 10 games and resulted in 37 goals from 7 away wins, 2 home victories and one draw.

Crowborough Athletic and Fisher let the side down by playing out a goaless affair, but no doubt there will be many involved there that were pleased with the clean sheet and point to get the season rolling.

Elsewhere there was far more goal action….

Seven of them came at Park View Road as title favourites Chatham Town edged out Erith & Belvedere 4-3.

The visitors started well yet conceded first when Rob Curtis powerfully headed home a corner in the 14th minute.

New signing Ryan Hayes levelled just after the half hour mark and we went into the break all square.

Guy Mpungi rifled the hosts back in front early in the second half before Chatham once again equalised, this time through Matt Bodkin.

Luke Rooney put the visitors ahead for the first time from the spot with Bodkin seemingly wrapping up the game with 5 minutes to go.

It wasn’t quite over yet though as Henry Dasofunjo pulled one back before only the post stopped this one ending all square.

A great game to kick the season off with positives for Erith & Belvedere and points for Chatham Town.

It is Tunbridge Wells that lead the day one table following a 5-0 win at Lordswood.

Doubles from Euan Sahadow and Regan Corke and the icing on the cake from Matt Day gave Wells a convincing victory and the perfect start to this new campaign.

Punjab United were also impressive winners on the first day of this new season.

They came back from FA Cup disappointment in midweek to beat AFC Croydon 4-0 with Rohan Badbhagi and Luke Adams both scoring twice in a convincing victory.

Jack Midson scored twice on debut as Sheppey United came from behind to beat Erith Town 4-2.

The Ites front man equalised a Danny Gannon opener before sealing the game in the last minute following a Billy Bennett double for Sheppey and a Dockers goal from Ryan Mahal.

Three games ended 2-1.

Balham started life in the SCEFL with 3 points despite going behind early on.

Danny Kedwell had given Hollands & Blair the lead but quickfire second half goals from Jake Henry and Cameron Gordon gave Balham the 2-1 win.

The same scoreline came in Otham with Bearsted edging out the other new boys Tower Hamlets.

Goals from Andy Irvine and Jon Rogers gave the Bears the points with Javaan Campbell getting Hamlets debut goal in this League.

Welling Town completed the trio of 2-1 winners.

Ryan Golding and Richard Jimoh got the goals for the Boots with Adam Woollcott netting for Canterbury City.

K Sports grabbed the surprise result of the day when they returned from Foxbury as 4-0 winners.

Few fancied the Paperboys to get anything from their game with Glebe but they silenced the doubters and kept the hosts high-profile forward line quiet too, picking up a clean sheet and a very handy 3 points in the process.

Travis Jackson scored twice with Adam Hooper and Lewis Foreman also netting for the ‘Paperboys’.

Beckenham Town made the long trip home from Deal Town with 3 points in tow.

Goals in the first half from Ike Robertson and Junior Kaffo gave Becks a 2-o win on the coast setting them up nicely for yet another season-long push towards promotion.