On This Day

On This Day – 26th April

On This Day – 26th April – 2018

SCEFL Premier Division

Crowborough Ath 1-2 Sheppey United
Glebe 2-1 Deal Town

This is how the SCEFL website reported today’s action…

Crowborough Athletic 1-2 Sheppey United – Sheppey made it 3 cracking away wins in a row with victory at Crowborough last night after previously picking up maximum points at Sevenoaks and Beckenham Town. The Ites got off to the perfect start when Dan Bradshaw opened the scoring from the penalty spot in the 12th minute before the same man doubled their lead just 10 minutes later. Crowborough made it an exciting final 15 minutes of the match when Sam Crabb hit the net but the visitors held on to claim that cracking hat-trick of wins. Sheppey now have a chance of a top half finish if final day results go their way. Crowborough have finished in third.

Glebe 2-1 Deal Town – Deal now know that they will finish no higher than 7th position after defeat to Glebe at Foxbury. The hosts took the lead in the 17th minute when whilst waiting for his substitute to be ready to replace him the injured Derek Duncan unleashed a left -footed volley from the corner of the area that nestled sweetly in the top corner. The score remained the same through to minute 64 when Connor Coyne reacted quickest to a poorly cleared corner to poke the ball home. Within 2 minutes Glebe had the lead back when substitute Luke Miller drove home just ten minutes after he came on for Laurent Hamici. Glebe then held on through to the end with Stephen Smith having a stormer at the heart of the defence to give the side from Chislehurst their first home win for 3 months.

On This Day – 26th April – 2014

SCEFL Premier Division

Ashford United 0-2 Phoenix Sports
Beckenham Town 1-1 Fisher
Canterbury City 0-0 Tunbridge Wells
Corinthian 1-1 Holmesdale
Deal Town 3-7 Whyteleafe
Erith Town 4-0 Sevenoaks Town
Greenwich Borough 5-1 Cray Valley PM
Lordswood 2-2 Woodstock Sports

This is how the SCEFL website reported today’s action…

Champions Whyteleafe ended the season in celebratory mood in this 10-goal goalfest at Deal Town. The Leafe’s Sam Clayton opened the scoring just after the half-hour mark then Jason Thompson added a second Leafe goal before Andy Miller pulled one back for Deal. Half time came at 1-2 and, 5 minutes after the restart Taylor Smith restored the Whyteleafe’s 2 goal lead. Ryan Philpott scored Deal’s second goal to keep the game evenly balanced but then Gareth Williams and Smith each scored within 2 minutes to stretch the lead to 2-5. Williams added goal number 6 for the Leafe but then Jordy Robbins joined the party with Deal Town’s third goal. The last word went to Sam Clayton who both opened and closed the day’s scoring with 4 minutes left to play. Deal Town finish in 13th place.

Phoenix Sports finish their first step 5 season in 6th place after their win today away to Ashford United. Half today’s games were goal-less at half time and this was one of those. Miles Cornwell and Ricky Freeman scored within 2 minutes of each other halfway through the second half. Ashford, of course, finisher runners-up, also in their step 5 debut season.

Erith Town finish the season in third place after their home win against Sevenoaks Town. In another 0-0 first half game Conrad Lee scored first 5 minutes into the second half. Aaron Jeffery added the Dockers second on the hour and Joe Nwoko scored a brace. The Oaks end up in 16th place.

Tunbridge Wells slipped down into 4th place when they were held to a draw at Canterbury City. No goals in the first half and none in the second either. City finish 12th.

Corinthian ended the season in 5th place with a draw at home to Holmesdale. Again there was no score at half time and it was the Dalers who took the lead through a goal from Matt Knuckey in the 74th minute. Time eased by and it looked as though Holmesdale had done enough to win but, with 4 minutes left to play, Vences Bola grabbed an equaliser. Holmesdale finish in 10th.

Cray Valley PM finish the season in 7th place after losing to Greenwich Borough at Princes Park. Stuart Zanone scored the only first half goal for Borough then, 3 minutes into the second half, Chris Edwards converted a penalty to double the Borough lead. Veteran Ricky Bennett added the Greenwich 3rd goal before Jamie Wood pulled one back for Cray. Final word went to Zanone who doubled his tally in the final minute. Greenwich Borough finish in 9th place.

Beckenham Town ended their season with a home draw with Fisher and finish in 8th place. Danny Maguire scored from the penalty spot 2 minutes before the break but Damon Ramsamy equalised 7 minutes past the hour mark. The Fish end up in 14th place.

So, finally, Lordswood won at home to bottom side Woodstock Sports and finish in 11th place. Sam Musundi scored for Woodstock on the half-hour to give them a 0-1 half time lead. Charlie Hallett levelled the game on 56 minutes and Tom Box hit a late, late winner in the final minute of the game.