County FA CupsLondon FA CupsPremier Division

LSC – Fisher 3-4 Hanwell Town

Saturday 22nd May

London Senior Cup

Fisher 3-4 Hanwell Town


Match Report taken from Non League Chronicles

Just over six months after seeing Fisher lose 3-1 at home to Tunbridge Wells in a league fixture it was great to be back at St Pauls for a cup tie against higher league opposition in the shape of Isthmian league south central division Hanwell Town.

Rich in history the London Geordies date back to 1920 and come into this fixture off the back of a fine midweek cup win beating Harefield United 1-0 in the Middlesex senior cup.

Fishers’ long serving attacking midfielder Rob Brown celebrated making his 100th appearance in a Fisher shirt today and was presented with memento before kick off.

Hanwell Town started the game firmly on the front foot at St Pauls today setting a ferocious pace that Fisher couldn’t get to grips with.

Hanwells number 9 Obi running riot helping himself to a brace within the opening 20 minutes. A smart finish and a header from a corner that was flicked on by Trevan Robinson left Fisher needing to climb off the canvas. Obe was running riot to be fair as he had at least three other efforts that Carpanini had to save to keep Fisher hanging on in there.

Fishers Cawley became the first into the refs notebook as finally someone got hold of Towns Obe.

25 minutes gone and Fishers start had been poor. But Coker wins a free kick about 25 yards out. Rob Brown shoots hard and low he beats the wall but the ball drifts just past the left hand upright.

29 minutes in and big Melvin Adesina playing at right back hit Kai Brosnan with an absolute slobberknocker of a tackle that caused everyone to reach for the handbags!!

The tackle was knee high and I don’t think anyone in the ground can have any complaints about the straight red that Adesina received.

Once the ref had regained control he also gave Obe his marching orders for being a bit to forceful in the melee that ensued.

Thank god he was sent off as he ran riot giving Petrov and Fitzgerald a real tough time in the 30 minutes he played. With both teams down to 10 men it seemed to galvanise Fisher as they finally began to build some attacking moves as the half went on.

Shortly before half time Atkinson had a free kick that was charged down and Ojemen began to find himself some space down the left. This enabled him to swing in a couple of low dangerous balls from near the touchline. Hanwells big centre half Komal Llewelyn-Reid made the last ditch clearance hacking the ball away and into touch.

HT -0-2

Fisher came out for the second half with renewed vigour and earned themselves an early corner. Rob Brown swung the corner over and it was headed away Hanwell swept down the other and Brosnan outpaced the Fisher back four before slotting home low to Carpaninis left. 0-3

Straight from the kick off and with nothing to lose Fisher filed forward and Trey Small battles his way past the Hanwell centre halves and stabs the ball past to keeper House. There was no time to celebrate as the ref calls the play back for a foul by Small.

Fisher had a good period for the next ten/fifteen Minutes with Sarpong winning tackles in midfield and feeding the ball wide to Ojemen who made some impressive ground along the left.

Rob Brown left the field for some fresh legs in the shape of Jacob Katonia.

At this stage you couldn’t help but think that Fisher would be well beaten at St Pauls today.

Hanwells Rush had one shot well saved by Carpanini but the ball went straight back to Rush who’s next shot went wide of the upright.

Fisher managed to force a corner that was pinged in to the back post. Coker beat his marker but his header sailed over.

Udo then replaced a tired looking Trey Small up top.

Cokers effort was just a range finder as the next corner was flicked on by Fitzgerald. The ball dropped kindly for Coker who found himself lurking on the edge of the box. With a twist of the body and a hooked right foot effort Coker scored what everyone thought was nothing more than a consolation goal. 1-3

Harry Main fresh off the subs bench had other ideas though. With Hanwell Towns back four now creaking under the pressure a ball that they should have not let bounce let Main in and as he raced past the flat footed centre halves. House rushed from his line but Main lobbed him before he could get close enough to put young Harry under pressure. 2-3

This game had just about everything could Fisher nick an equaliser??

The straight answer was a resounding no as Hanwell Town raced down the other end to restore their two goal lead as Carpanini couldn’t hold a low cross the ball is slammed home by sub Mealing. 2-4

With time added on Ojemen and Main linked well down the left. Main crosses to Udo at the far post. Udo settles himself before burying low into the corner. 3-4

Full time Fisher 3-4 Hanwell Town

NLC MOM (Kosan Llewelyn-Reid) Hanwell Town – very solid got to everything.

Good luck to Hanwell Town in the next round.
Plenty to look forward to if Fisher play like they did in the second half.

Match Programme