CupsHospitals Charity Cup

Hospitals Charity Cup 2018-19

Senior Division

Holders: Sporting Club Thamesmead F C

First Round

1. Kent Football United 2-2 Tudor Sports (Tudor win on pens)
2. Bridon Ropes AWO Stansfeld
3. Sutton Athletic 5-1 Holmesdale
4. Sporting Club Thamesmead 2-1 Bromleians
5. Erith & Belvedere 4-1 Meridian VP

Byes: Phoenix Sports Reserves, FC Elmstead, Forest Hill Park

Quarter Finals

5. SC Thamesmead 1-5 Sutton Athletic
6. Stansfeld 3-2 Tudor Sports
7. FC Elmstead 2-3 Erith & Belvedere
8. Phoenix Sports Reserves 0-1 Forest Hill Park


9. Stansfeld 2-7 Sutton Athletic
10. Erith & Belvedere 1-0 Forest Hill Park


11. Erith & Belvedere 5-3 Sutton Athletic

Erith & Belvedere won the Hospitals Charity Cup, beating Sutton Athletic 5-3 in the final. It was the second piece of silverware of the season for the Deres as they can add this one to the London FA Senior Trophy won just last month. They didn’t have it all there own way though as a tiday Sutton Athletic side pushed them to the final stages of the game before they could raise their hands aloft. Sutton took the lead early on through James Sutherland, when he finished well after receiving a smart Conor Evans pass. The goal helped Sutherland to finish as the top score in this tournament. The home side were soon level though as Gravlyn Kitondo was quickest to react after the keeper could only palm away a Guyliano Mpungi effort. Conor Evans restored Sutton’s lead with a fine solo effort before once again the game was even after a deflected Rob Curtis header found the back of the net. In the second half we saw one of the goals of the Season as Chan Quan volleyed into the top corner from 35 yards to give his side the lead. Rob Curtis then bundled home the 4th before Osita Isichei made it 5 with a good header with 10 to play. The impressive Evans completed his own excellent performance with a stunning late finish but it was not enough to get his side back into the game with the Deres so far ahead. Erith & Belvedere celebrated the success into the the night before getting to party again later that week when the FA gave them good news regarding promotion.