FA VaseNews

FA Vase Second Round Qualifying

 FA Vase Second Round Qualifying

Saturday 10th October

Alford 2-4 Stansfeld
East Preston 0-2 Fisher
Erith & Belvedere 3-0 Colliers Wood United
Holmesdale 2-0 AFC Varndeanians
Littlehampton Town 3-1 Lordswood
Peacehaven p2-2 Balham
Punjab United 2-3 Horley Town
Rochester United 0-4 Sutton Athletic
Sheppey United 6-0 Molesey
Walton & Hersham 1-0 K Sports
Worthing United 4-3 Canterbury City

Sunday 11th October

Kennington 7-0 Shoreham
Tooting Bec p2-2 Lydd Town


6 teams made it through from the 11 games played today with late goals and missed penalties costing us a few more names in the hat.

Stansfeld are in Monday’s draw thanks to a 4-2 win at Step 5 Alford. The club have made it through to the First Round proper for the first time ever thanks to a hat-trick from Ross Morley which followed a Ryan Hassan opener.

Holmesdale are also creating history after they won through due to a 2-0 home win over AFC Varndeanians.

Sam Adenola and Ola Rabiu with the goals for the Dale at Oakley Road against their Southern Combination opponents.

Fisher also won 2-0, this time at East Preston while Erith & Belvedere scored in the first minute and last in a 3-0 success at home to Colliers Wood United.

The biggest win of the day came at Holm Park as Sheppey United comforably beat Molesey 6-0. Jack Midson and Warren Mfula each scored twice alongside further goals from Danny Divine and Junior Aikhionbare.

The all-SCEFL tie at Rede Court Road went the way of Sutton Athletic, as they beat Rochester United to progress to the next stage.

Arlie Desanges scored a hat-tirck for Sutton with Harry Bradford getting the other on a day to forget for the Spartans.

We had some unlucky losers too.

Balham crashed out on penalties following a 2-2 draw at Peacehaven and Canterbury City conceded a last gasp penalty to lose 4-3 at Worthing United.

Punjab United looked to be heading for a penalty shoot-out until Horley Town scored a last minute winner as did K Sports who conceded late on in a 1-0 loss at Walton & Hersham.

Dave Botterill scored the opening goal for Lordswood at Littlehampton Town before the hosts rallied in the final 20 minutes to tak ethe game 3-1.

There were 2 further games on Sunday including a stunning 7-0 win for Kennington at home to Shoreham.

Gary Lockyer kept up his own fine form by scoring a hat-trick, Ryan Philpott netted a double while Gary Clarke and Callum Peck claimed the others in a dominant performance by our First Division leaders.

Lydd Town were unfortunate losers in a penalty shoot-out following a 2-2 draw at Tooting Bec.

Dale Horton had scored first for the Lydders before the hosts levelled by the break and took the lead soon after. George Grosvenor equalised creating a penalty shoot-out where it wasn’t to be for our boys as Tooting came out best 4-2.