CupsFA CupNews

FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round


Tuesday 8th August (Replays)
Bearsted 3-1 Wembley
Erith Town 4-0 Hassocks
Fisher 2-5 Westfield
Stansfeld 1-0 Sporting Bengal United

Saturday 5th August
Broadfields United 0-4 Snodland Town
Corinthian 3-4 Bedfont Sports Club​
Deal Town 2-0 Guildford City
Eastbourne Town 1-3 Faversham Town
Hassocks 1-1 Erith Town
Haywards Heath Town 0-5 Whitstable Town
Hollands & Blair 0-3 Ashford United
Holmesdale 1-2 Midhurst & Easebourne
Horley Town 4-0 Punjab United
Kennington 1-0 Glebe (at Glebe FC)
Lancing 5-0 Rusthall
Lordswood 2-1 Egham Town
Lydd Town 1-0 Camberley Town
Sandhurst Town 1-2 VCD Athletic
Sporting Bengal United 4-4 Stansfeld
Tunbridge Wells 2-3 Uxbridge
Wembley 1-1 Bearsted
Westfield 0-0 Fisher

Sunday 6th August
AFC Croydon Athletic 3-1 Sutton Athletic
Welling Town 0-4 Cobham


Saturday’s FA Cup action featured 19 SCEFL sides. 8 won their games while 4 have gone to replays.

Snodland Town made their first taste of FA Cup football a memorable one, by winning 4-0 at Broadfields United.
Matt Gething’s early second half double followed Henry Muggeridge’s opener while Francis Babalola confirmed a home tie against Chertsey Town next.

Lydd Town also made history in the FA Cup by beating Combined Counties outfit Camberley Town 1-0 at the Lindsey Field.
Lydd went close in the 23rd minute when Troy Howard’s cross was met by Kenny Pogue but his effort flew just wide.
The same two players combined on the hour mark, with Howard’s cross headed over by Pogue. Having provided two opportunities, it was Howard who
got the decisive goal as he ran onto Luke Burdon’s pass to slot it past the keeper.
Despite nine minutes of added time, the Lydders held on to earn their place in the preliminary round for the first time.

Lordswood came from behind to beat Egham Town 2-1.
Manny Williams gave the visitors a ninth minute lead, but James Jeffrey levelled for the Lords eight minutes later.
Artem Kuchkov then completed the turn around with a 27th minute winner for Matt Barman’s side.

In the only all SCEFL tie, Kennington went to Glebe and made it through courtesy of Ryan Philpott’s 80th minute penalty.

Tunbridge Wells looked like going through after Trevor McCreadie and Billy Lewins put them 2-0 up at half-time in their tie with Uxbridge. However, the visitors pulled one back through Ceesay in the 52nd minute. Wells still looked to be heading through, only for Delroy Preddie and Bernard Mensah to score in added time to give Uxbridge an unlikely 3-2 win.

Charlie Clover gave Corinthian a third minute lead at home to Bedfont Sports who quickly hit back via two Mark Bitmead goals to lead.
Lewis Unwin and Shiloh Apena each levelled for Corinthian, only for Bitmead to complete his hat-trick with a 90th minute winner for a 4-3 win.

Deal Town set up a South Coast tie with Lydd Town next thanks to a 2-0 home win against Guildford City.
Billy Munday and Ben Chapman got the second half goals for the Hoops.

Whitstable Town were the biggest SCEFL winners of the day as they returned from Haywards Heath as 5-0 victors.
Steadman Callender was the start of the show with a hat-trick, which came after Josh Williams and Tyler Anderson had each earlier scored.

Whitstable will next face VCD Athletic in the Preliminary Round, after they won 2-1 at Sandhurst Town.

On Sunday, Sutton Athletic went down 3-1 at AFC Croydon and 10-man Welling Town lost 4-0 at home to Cobham.

On Tuesday night we saw the 4 replays take place. Erith Town won 4-0, Bearsted 3-1 and Stansfeld made it through following a penalty shoot-out. Fisher were involved in an eventful game which saw them take a 2-0 lead, then have their goalkeeper stretchered off before falling to a 5-2 defeat.



Preliminary Round Draw (19th August)

Faversham Town v Merstham
Snodland Town v Chertsey Town
Bearsted v Southall
Lydd Town v Deal Town
VCD Athletic v Whitstable Town
Erith & Belvedere v Stansfeld
Burgess Hill Town v Erith Town
Cobham v Kennington
Lordswood v Cray Valley