AGM Summary – July 31st 2020
SCEFL AGM Summary – July 31st 2020
Following the AGM we can now officially welcome Balham FC and Tower Hamlets FC into our League.
As allocated by the FA both teams will now complete a 21 team line-up in our Premier Division.
The First Division will again contain 17 teams.
Premier Division Constitution
AFC Croydon, Balham FC, Bearsted, Beckenham Town, Canterbury City, Chatham Town, Corinthian, Crowborough Athletic, Deal Town, Erith & Belvedere, Erith Town, Fisher, Glebe, Hollands & Blair, K Sports, Lordswood, Punjab United, Sheppey United, Tower Hamlets, Tunbridge Wells and Welling Town.
First Division Constitution
Bridon Ropes, Croydon, FC Elmstead, Forest Hill Park, Greenways, Holmesdale, Kennington, Kent Football United, Lewisham Borough (Community), Lydd Town, Meridian VP, Rochester United, Rusthall, Snodland Town, Sporting Club Thamesmead, Stansfeld and Sutton Athletic.
Other Points Arising from the AGM
– The League has held it’s start date of 5th September but we will only begin if supporters are allowed into grounds.
– If the League has not had a definitive response from the FA regarding supporter attendance by 22nd August then we will delay the season by one week, then wait until the 29th August to hear from them before delaying another week and so on – We fully expect an update before the 22nd but we need to set a deadline.
– League Fixtures will not be able to be released until late August and will be released a few weeks fixtures at a time for much of the early part of the season. This job has been made particularly tricky this year due to the late kick off, League’s above kicking off at different times plus the fact that many council owned pitches are not in playable shape.
– We will publish on this website over the weekend the answers to all the questions sent in regarding the safe restart of football in our League.
– Player registrations will be accepted by the league’s registration secretary from Saturday August 1.
– A reminder that given the shortened season, the FA Cup and Vase competitions taking place and the indication that county cups could also be played, the board have decided not to proceed with the Challenge Cup for the 2020/21 season.
– We would like to remind all Clubs that Government guidelines prevent the admission of supporters into their grounds for their pre-season games.
– We have arranged an EGM for Thursday August 13 to finalise the matters we were not able to resolve at the AGM.
We are now officially in Season 2020/21.
Below are the downloads from the latest guidelines provided by the FA
Full and Detailed FA Update – 18th July
Guidance For the Return of NLS Football